Friday, July 27, 2007

Shiny plastic bobble head people....

As I pulled up to a red light this afternoon, my vehicle aligned behind a shiny, white convertible BMW. What captured my interest for the moment, aside from the loud music escaping the vehicle was the two young, teen age, blonde, bobble heads that were driving it. Their heads bounced to the the beat of the music as if they were spring loaded and without a care in the world. I couldn't help but to conclude that daddy or mommy must have purchased this gem of a vehicle for these two young Barbie impersonators. As I watched the bobble headed driver glance into her rear view mirror I couldn't help but to wonder if she took notice of the couple next to her with a run down vehicle crying it's last plea for driving mobility. This dilapidated vehicle full of children bukled in for the ride sputtered as though it was on it's last breath and determined to make it's destination. As the light gave it's signal to move onward I watched as the two young bobble heads glanced over and mockingly laughed at the car next to them and sped away. Was this young bobble head aware of the world around her or did she look into her rear view mirror only to see a child's game of "Candly Land" whose players were nothing more then mere gum drops or tokens to be tossed playfully like dice across a board? I wonder as time rolls forward, will she ever be blessed with the opportunity to be placed in the driver's seat of life with a broken down Ford?

3 comments:

artbylorraine said...

I finally got into this site! I had to allow pop ups in my computer. I hope I don't get swamped with them. Anyway, I loved your story of the Shiny plastic bobble head people. (although shiny has only one n"

CP Rambo said...

Wow... that was pretty deep while being entertaining. "The drivers seat of life with a broken down Ford" thats an amazing statement. Funny I often think along these same lines. Of course given my situation I see alot of broken down life. Great post .....

CP Rambo said...

Oh an on a side note.... shiny may only have one n but I think "Lorraine" should have three r's HA