Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Circus Cookies....

CHA CHING! CHA CHING! CHA CHING! Ahhh... the all to farmiliar sound, not of a slot machine's pay of but of the clanking grocery cart which reasonably appears to still wobble about on it's three wheels instead of four. "Welcome to Wallmart" enthusiastically stated by the blue vested indvidual who is watching the clock for shift's ends. My son hates Wallmart. It's noise, bright lights and the screaming megaphone children who seem to be very common to the Wallmart experience. On some days I would agree with him. Today however on one of my senceless and aimless bouts to the well adventured local Wallmart, I saw more then the "Smiley yellow faces" offering the ever so popular "lower prices." Perhaps the journey started with the chinese woman next to me who was carrying on a cell phone conversation that sounded more like the clang and clatter of one of my previously owned delapidated vehicles? Maybe it was the well bronzed fellow who wore the permanately inked "Brown Pride" across his body while proudly holding his brand new baby and walking with it's pale skinned, blonde haired blue eyed mother? Wallmart seems to contain more then it's promise of low prices. At any given moment you can find a wealth of experiences to be had. Some sights are well farmiliar like the hefty gal who seemed to not only have forgotten enough clothing to cover her well rounded figure but allso seemingly left her manners at home to. There are also the well groomed young men who are sure not to be missed by the trail of cologne waiting to entice some young and unexpecting female that passes by. Beyond the faces and the people the treasures they collect in those clanging carts can be rather interesting also. Perhaps one could make a quick assumption into their world by the contents of their carts? There is the nice looking young man who has carefully sellected an array of freezer goods... quick and easy to prepare. To be functionally enjoyed with his chosen pop beverage. I assume he is single at the easily prepared contents he collects. There is the gal down the freezer aisle who in my mind is sure to have gone through a recent break up of a loved one by the sweet and abundant collection of frozen arrangements placed in her cart. Her posture relaying that the sweets aren't that inticing. Her down cast head stares dissappointed at the ground perhaps collecting more ice cream then she would on any other day? Today was like most days. Perhaps my perspective was jaded at my consideration of purchasing the pink and white animal cookies... you know... the ones with little, colorful sprinkes on the top? Maybe it was that today I had no time restrictions and was able to appreciate the quietness within myself amongst the usual chaotic establishement? It could have been the smiling elderly woman who needed help reaching the can at the top shelf? To tell you the truth, I'm not really sure what it was that entertainingly captured my attentions so well today in Wallmart. I guess it could be that in everything there is a Wallmart experience to be had. We could listen to the clang and clatter of the world around us or put the pink and white animal cookies in our carts. Guess it all depends on our perspective. It could be that my Wallmart trip is a mere reflective from one who was in her own strange and of beat world today? Whatever it be, if I could share my Wallmart experience with you today, my hope... Is that along your way even in the mundane today, you picked up the pink and white animal cookies. The ones with the little colorful sprinkles on top.

8 comments:

Shalome said...

Would someone please tell Tonya to get out of the "reflective" phase here and move on to new subjects? Sheesh!

Chell said...

ooh ooh I love those cookies, and now i want some. LOL I have to agree with your son I hate Walmart and avoid it at all costs but it is a great place to people watch. or freak watch depending on the day. I tend to feel too tense in there to be too observant. Plus sadly these days there just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day to find time to reflect on things. I need to find some time to relax and unwind...

Shalome said...

Hi Chell! Yes my son is rather fond of the stereo in the car... that is his escape while I roam the aisles. How are you?

CP Rambo said...

Hmmmm sounds like the experience of someone who is "happy" before they get into the store rather than someone who just goes to get stuff and go.... Oh and I love those cookies too !!!!

artbylorraine said...

The pink and white animal cookies bring a lot of memories. They don't call to me like "Death by Chocolate" icecream or cakes do, but that is a matter of tastes. Unfortunately, I have to pass on all of them. Sad, isn't it? All I have to do is smell the food and my body starts packing on the pounds. I could try holding my nose, I guess, but in the whole trip to Walmart my nose might get numb from holding it so long. Sheesh, what to do???

Shalome said...

YEs, tis the comment from someone who is happy.... :) And honestly.. she didn't even buy the anaimal cookies.... even though they were ohhhhhh so tempting! :)
Mmmmmmm... chocolate.....

Chell said...

mmm chocolate, cookies, ice cream. I am getting hungry now... But alas my backside is already too big.

Chell said...

HMMM cookies, you know I had to go buy some today.... LOL