Friday, August 10, 2007

Untitled...

You told me not to leap from star to star

Said to take the subway instead of my car

You hustle and bustle with the rest

Ignoring the answers to past the test

Love one another wasn't your game

You made disciples of your very own name

Lost little man in this very big place

Eating ice cream never taking a taste

Telling the sun it shouldn't shine

Asking the pigeons if they know the time

They look like you

all clones of the same

with leaches for pets bearing fancy names

Your mother would shake in her very own grave

seeing the monster that's come to play

Lost little man

thinks he's the one

bright enough to steal my sun

Lost little man in this very big place

Never knowing life

Never taking a taste

3 comments:

artbylorraine said...

That was really beautiful. Was that your dad?

Shalome said...

Uh... no. But thank you. Could apply to quite a few I suppose...

artbylorraine said...

No kidding...It was a very profound poem though. I thought I saw him in it but then again, you are right. It can apply to a few men that I know.