Thursday, July 24, 2008

FIRED!!!


Today I fired my scale. I had to face the fact that our relationship was not healthy. It was in part his stubborness and refusal to change that ruined our relationship. Every day it was the same thing. I'd approach him, expecting that things would be different then the day before, that just possibly he'd give me a glimmer of hope. I was even looking for small changes! Just a bit of cooperation. Maybe one day I'll be open again to the possiblity of inviting him back into my life, but as I weighed my options I realized I had to let him go. FIRED!

3 comments:

Chell said...

Yep mine was fired a while ago too, he just wasn't willing to change.

Shalome said...

Mabye your scale and mine... were related?

Rambling Coyote said...

Hah! I'm finally catching up on reading your blog....I am scared. I am terrified! I fear that I am not prepared for next week's marathon up in Rachel. Luckily, the novelty of running in the dark along the Extra Terrestrial Highway will be enough of a novelty to help me forget how little I've worked out in the past few weeks. The good news? I've finally broken through my writer's block and have several more pages of my dissertation written....maybe next summer I'll get in shape! YOU are doing great...keep going!