Sunday, July 6, 2008

MY NEXT ONE

Frank Loyd Wright who was famous for his many architectural designs was asked by a reporter which one of his designs was his favorite? He quickly replied "my next one." At times the little voice in my head can be my worst enemy. Frank's quote got me thinking about what my "next one will be?" There are accomplishments I am proud of in past, but why is it that it is our failures that are the hardes to let go of? Why do we keeping looking back towards those past accomplishemts instead of looking forward to the "next one'? After all, doesn't facing forward and looking out the front windshield provide a much better view then looking through the rear view mirror? I've been on a mission lately to take back my health after a long bout of leaving myself out of the equation when adversity seemed to overwhelm. I'm giving admission back to the little girl inside and the allowance to dream as big as she wants to. As I make this journey to restore my health, regain my strength and to shed those accumalted Dairy Queen trips I'm going to keep in mind that it isn't where I used to be that matters. What matters is where I am heading. I've laced up my tennis shoes, am facing forward and am looking ahead to "my next one."

3 comments:

Rambling Coyote said...

Wow -- what a mission statement! This post reminds me of the time before one of my races when that little voice inside of me suggested that I "remove all limitations." It looks like you are ready to move on beyond limitations!

Shalome said...

Hi Ernie! Nice to see you here! Thanks for the comment. How is Mission Get Buff going? Tonya

Chell said...

Good to see you posting again. I am so far behind after my vacation. Hopefully later this week I will get some posts up!! Good luck with your "next one"